Apprentice Technician / Yard Crewmember - Kingston
Enjoy working on boats ranging from 16 - 60 feet, on any style of boats including
cruisers, bowriders, fishing boats and yachts! Our Kingston marina gives great
access to Collins Bay on Lake Ontario, making the work environment enjoyable
while enjoying the marina life!
We are a Nautique, Sea Ray, Bayliner, Chris Craft, Princess Yachts, Tracker, Robalo
and Avalon Pontoon dealer, with authorized service for Mercury / Mercruiser, Volvo
Penta, PCM, and Yamaha.
This is a permanent full-time position, with competitive compensation based upon
experience. This position requires the desire to learn, basic mechanical experience,
problem-solving, continuous learning and reliability, as we are willing to apprentice
and provide training. The position will entail loaded and unloading boats, using
marina equipment such as tractors, lift and trucks, and minor marine engine repairs
apprenticing under our Senior Technicians.
Must be able to work in a fast-paced environment and have a clean driving abstract
and criminal background check.
**We are willing to apprentice and provide training, but mechanical experience
with auto or marine is required.**
● Ability to operate tractor and machinery
● Ability to trailer boats
● Experience with Mercury/Mercruiser, Volvo, Yamaha or any other marine
● Valid driver’s license & Boating license
● Automotive experience
● Marine Experience an asset
● Have basic tools for oil changes, minor repairs etc.
● Basic computer skills
● Able to work irregular hours during peak periods including weekends
● Physically demanding (High) lifting, pushing, kneeling and reaching
● Able to work in variable work environments/conditions
● Kneeling, stooping and working in cramped and uncomfortable positions
● Able to work in variable work environments/conditions both indoors and outdoors
● Able to remain in a standing, sitting and crouching position for extended periods
● Manual dexterity required to use necessary tools
Our employment policies and practices ensure that we are committed to providing equal
employment opportunities in all aspects of employment without regard to any
individual’s race, religion, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, physical disability,
mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital status, sex, sexual
orientation, gender identity or characteristics or expression, political affiliation or activity,
age, veteran status, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Pride Marine Group is an equal opportunity employer. Accommodations are available
upon request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the recruitment process. To
request an accommodation please contact our Human Resources Department.
We thank you for your interest in Pride Marine Group, however only those selected for
an interview will be contacted.
Address:4000 Bath Rd, Kingston, ON K7M 4Y4
Please email email@example.com with your resume to apply.