Apprentice Marine Technician - Pride of Rosseau
For over 30 years family owned and operated, Pride Marine Group has been creating
personalized watercraft experiences. We don’t just sell boats—we help bring customer’s
visions for a life well lived to reality by connecting them to the vessel that will take them
where they want to go.
We are currently looking for an Apprentice Marine Technician to work out of our Pride of
Rosseau location. Settled between Lake Joseph and Lake Rosseau, Pride of Rosseau
provides a stunning waterfront location. Our service and customer support is outstanding, as
evidenced by our certification as a Brunswick 5-star Master Dealer, which is a certification
program awarded only to dealers around the world who achieve the highest standards in
operational excellence and customer enthusiasm.
Reporting to the Location Manager, our Apprentice Technicians assist in the inspect,
diagnosis and repair of some of the best boats in the industry. The incumbent must learn to
perform preventative and corrective maintenance of electrical and mechanical systems,
steering gears, accessories, etc. Pride Marine Group is a safety conscious company.
● Assist in the inspect, maintenance and repair of different types of boats
● Complete pre-delivery inspections
● Test and repair boat engines (inboard & outboard), hulls, propellers,
rigging, navigational systems, electrical systems, steering gears, boat
accessories, etc. using various diagnostic equipment
● Learn how to take assigned work order to completion in a timely manner
● Monitor workflow to determine if scheduled time will be met or if an
adjustment is needed to stay in estimate/budget
● Work closely with parts to obtain requirements needed to complete the job
(both in stock and ordered parts)
● Pay special attention to the service work book and the promised delivery
date of internal and external customers
● Maintain up to date knowledge on new and emerging technologies in
● Work closely with both the Location Managers and Service Lead
● Other duties as assigned
Experience & Education Required
● 2 + years experience working in the Marine industry
● Excellent communication skills
● Pleasure Craft Operator Card preferred
● Exceptional diagnostic skills (mechanical & electrical)
● Marine Technician or Automotive Diploma or certifications required
● Able to work irregular hours during peak periods including weekends
● Physically demanding (High) lifting, pushing, kneeling and reaching
● Able to work in variable work environments/conditions
Our employment policies and practices ensure that we are committed to providing equal
employment opportunities in all aspects of employment without regard to any individual’s
race, religion, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, physical disability, mental disability,
medical condition, genetic information, marital status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or characteristics or expression, political affiliation or activity, age, veteran status, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Pride Marine Group is an equal opportunity employer. Accommodations are available upon
request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the recruitment process. To request an
accommodation please contact our Human Resources Department.
We thank you for your interest in Pride Marine Group, however only those selected for an
interview will be contacted.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: $18.00-$24.00 per hour
Please email email@example.com to apply.